My Fab Followers

Wednesday 24 February 2010

Sketch Saturday/Cute Card Thursday


Had to make a leaving card for a colleague of Hubbie's, and before I go any further, I should mention that he's got the right hump because he isn't listed as one of my lovelies or in my ten favourite things list from an earlier post!!  Aawwwwhhh, I hear you say!!  So just thought I'd give Nick a mention - he does make it into my top ten but he moves up and down that list quite a bit I can tell you!!  Anyhoo, he's a librarian, hence the theme for my Sketch Saturday, week 91, entry and as you can see, I've rotated the sketch!  I'm also entering this into Cute Card Thursday challenge 100 where they're asking for the use of metal ( eyelets).
 
Ingredients:

Stamps - Crafty Individuals Clocks, Books - Magnolia, and I think the library card is by Heidi Swapp
Colours - Distress Inks
Sentiment - Computer generated - this is what they stamp the books with  when they're taken out of stock!!
Photobucket

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Julie
This is a real WOW love it fantastic colours and just perfect for the job he did, I am sure this card will take pride of place.
Christine x

Unknown said...

Poor hubby - thats so funny about him moving up and down the list - i think sometime we put them at the top because its expected LOL.

Great card and very unique.

Paula x x x

Annie said...

Really love the card. I find it so hard to make sards for men and you've done a really lovely job with this one.
A x

coops said...

aw wow, what a fab male card, love the books and fab distressed edges.love it.luv coops.xx

Laura (Faerielore) said...

LOVE this card !!!! the distressed look is gorgeous and the stacked books look fab darling xxx

Grenouille Greetings said...

How did I miss this? It's fabulous, Julie. I love the library theme which is so apt for Nick's departing colleague but where did you find all that suitable stash! Loving the distressed, masculine feel of the card too. Loving it - and you! Lesley