My Fab Followers

Saturday 16 October 2010

CES Challenge No 8 - Male Birthday


Morning!  I'm a bit late uploading my  DTcard for the next challenge over at CES Challenges.  We were out last night (very unusual for me!) on a Ghost Walk in Guildford!  Not very ghostly, more of a history lesson by a sceptical old schoolmistress who claimed she was a witch - quite bizarre!

Enough of that ( and believe me, we did have enough of that) and onto CES Challenges - far more interesting!  The theme this week has been chosen by the fabbie Jane and that theme is Male birthday cards!  Always a bit tricky for me, as the men in my family don't do cute.  Always good to have a few in stock so hope we get to see lots of gorgeous makes.  Up for grabs this week, Emma has a great selection of embellies for the lucky winner, all available from her store - Crafty Emma's Store!

Again, as always, my fabulous buddies over on the DT team have made some awesome samples to show you, as have our guest DTers for this week so do have a mosy on over here.

Another Mo Digi image from me this week - good old Charlie!  And as it's a Mo image, I followed the great sketch over on the DP2 Challenge.  I've used lots of goodies that Emma sells (listed below)  at Crafty Emmas and she's got a 10% discount offer on at the moment!

Goodies used that are available at Emmas
Websters Pages - Hollywood
Sheer Ribbon
Star Charm
Black Dew Drops
Promarkers

Challenges I'm entering with this card
DP2 Challenges - Sketch
Daring Card Makers - Dancing - I'm sure Charlie is doing the Happy Dance!
Digi Doodle's Shops Best-  My Peeps - Person or People
Cards for Men - Masculine Birthday
Crafty Calendar - Birthday cards - to celebrate their year of challenges!
Ooh La La - Nothing floral

Need to get dressed now - being overrun by teenagers later as DD Emily has her friends coming over for a film night - on hubbie's new projector and big screen!!  I'm hiding in my craft room!!  See you later!

20 comments:

Joey said...

Julie this is fantastic hun, gorgeous colourwork I just love that paper! Joey.x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Fab card hun, just love that image he is very dapper!
hugs shell xx

gina g said...

Yoohoo hunny i love this what a fantastic image. Hope you have a lovely weekend. luv gina xx

XxJULESxX said...

wow Julie just FABULOUS!!!!!love the starry paper!!!!

lis-m said...

Lovely card , Julie !
Love your colouring....I have Websters paper pages , but i cant bring myself to use them. I just stroke them ..lol! xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

Super image and card. The papers and charm go so well with it. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

CraftyC said...

Gorgeous card Julie, prefect for this weeks Male theme. Have fun in your craftroom. Kids free aye!! Have a lovely weekend!
Clairexx

Vicky said...

Hellooooo down there teamie this card is bleeding fabulous hun I adore your image he is soooo cool & your colouring is as amazing as ever. Sorry you had bit of a pap night last night when I 1st started reading it I thought oh how cool but then my smile diminished.....woh get me with the big words....yayyyy I'm clever.....nah its gone again now ahhh well its nice when it lasts lol. Have a great weekend hun.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xx

Unknown said...

What a FAB card!! Love all about it!!
Love your coloring!!
Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodles Shop`s Best!

Tine

coops said...

fantastic male card julie.the image is fab and i love the all the stars and gorgeous colours :D

xx coops xx

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Julie.

Hugs Riet.x

Wendi said...

Wow what an absolutely fabulous card your coloring is amazing
Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
Wendi

Tracy said...

This is such a cool image! I've never seen it before and you've done such a fantastic job not only iwht the image but the whole card. I love you background paper. Awesome card--manly or not. :) Thanks so much for joining us this week at Digi Doodle Shop's Best!

Lori said...

Wow fantastic colouring and I love all the stars, great card, thanks for joining the Digi Doodle shop challenge this week!

Chrissie said...

Fabulous image, wonderful card Julie!
Chrissie

Unknown said...

Ohhh I love ghost walks... it scares sam though lol..

As for the card its amazing!!

kaylou said...

Ooooooh fabimage and colouring hun, and I'm loving the dp's....yummy.
Hugs Kaylou xoxo

Anonymous said...

Great man's card.Fantastic colouring and the paper and embellishments are just perfect.Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best :D
Lisa x

Nannieflash said...

Hi wow love your chaplin image hes so cute and makes a really lovely male card. Thanks for joining us at Cards for Men, good luck with the Challenge. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxx

Grenouille Greetings said...

I love this image which you colour beautifully and he looks great with the Hollywood-style star background papers. Love Lesley