My Fab Followers

Wednesday 12 September 2012

Whiff of Joy DT card - Sketch!

Hello peeps, it's time for another challenge and another Christmas card! This card is for our new challenge at    Whiff of Joy Challenges and we have a fabulous sketch by our fabulous Kathrin!  And yet.....I had to play about with it didn't I and why?....because I had new toys and I was desperate to use them in this card.  And you know what else, you can barely see them!
So, the original sketch is below and my twisted, rotated and flip version is below that!


Hopefully you can just make out the sketch now me having spelt it out!  If not, I offer my deepest apologies to you Kathrin, for totally changing your perfectly fabulous original!!


Any way, this little lad has done nothing  wrong and is called Christmas Treasure ( to be found here).
My new toys are these fabulous Memory Box border dies - Pine trees and Country Landscape - a close up below just to show you!

I've also used some Marianne Fir tree dies for the slanted layer, and two more MB dies Frostyville border and the holly leaves with some stickles for the berries. The papers are My Mind's Eye Signature Christmas and the sentiment was a magazine freebie.


Well, hope you like it and hope you can see the sketch - I'd love to see your interpretations of it  so hope you will play along.  And if you want to see some truer versions of it, check the rest of the awesome DT cards here!  And, don't forget that we have  our regular sponsor,  Simon Says Stamp, with a fabulous $25 credit voucher for the Simon Says Stamp store!  


Thanks for popping in and I do hope you'll sign up for my candy, I already have something else to add but will wait for it to arrive until I show you what it is!!!

11 comments:

Jules said...

Hi Julie

Lots of scrummy embellishments on this little beauty.

Love your colour combo and how you have used the holly leaves!

I hope you are having a good week.

Love Jules xx

marion said...

Love your card, great take on the sketch. Hugs, Marion

Katharina Frei said...

Love it!
Katharina x

Unknown said...

Such a pretty Christmas card! Love the colours and image. Hugs Frea

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Julie. I love that cute image and the colours and details are all beautiful

Hugs Sue

Grenouille Greetings said...

The server encountered an error on my comment so I'll try again... Love all your fabulous layers and that new die, Julie. Lovely colouring of the cute image too! Hugs, Lesley

McCrafty's Cards said...

Fabulous card Julie, I like the sweet image the papers and the embellishments.
Kevin xx

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Julie.

Hugs Riet.xx

coops said...

so gorgeos julie.i love all your details and fab sweet image :D

xx coops xx

Anonymous said...

What an adorable creation Julie!! LOVE that image and your pretty card layout!! Awesome job!HUGS

Janet - aka stacky said...

I love this card Julie all your lovely embellishments make your card look so special xx
more dies to add to my wish list sigh!!